SWITZERLAND = HEAVEN ON EARTH. I honestly feel like I am in a fairy tale world when I’m in Switzerland. The landscape takes my breath away. The first time I went there I took my favorite photo I’ve ever taken, and the only photo of mine I have had printed to hang on my own wall. I am so in love with this place.
1. THE BEST CHEESE
2. MOUNTAINS and CASTLES galore! (Gruyères)
3. CASTLES on LAKES! (Chateau de Chillon in Montreux)
4. SWANS on lakes! (Montreux)
5. WINERIES on LAKES with MOUNTAINS! (Lausanne)
6. French speaking kids! (No, I did not steal this child.)
7. MORE CHEESE and Mulled Wine! (In Gruyeré!)
8. CHEESE FONDUE.
9. It’s the next Jurassic Park location?!
No seriously, I have no idea what this SUV was doing there… but luckily I got a photo as it rolled by… maybe they are secretly filming the next Jurassic Park here?! Or this guy just painted his car that way because he gets a kick out of driving it around and seeing people’s reactions…
10. HONOR SYSTEM WINE CELLAR!
You. can. just. take. the. wine. You are excepted to leave money and write what you took. This place is right on the lake in the middle of some vineyards. Only locals know how to find it!
11. VILLAGES THAT HAVE BARELY CHANGED FOR 1,000 YEARS
12. ÜBER CREEPY ALIEN THEMED MUSEUM AND CAFE
Gruyeres’s HR Giger Museum